Interdisciplinary Design Secondary Major
The secondary major in Interdisciplinary Design requires a minimum of 27 semester credits. Students seeking a secondary major in Interdisciplinary Design must complete:
Anchor Courses (15-18 credits total)
- DES 150X: Introduction to Innovation and Design, 3 cr.
- DES 230: Design Thinking (meets university social science requirement), 3 cr.
- DES 241: Interdisciplinary Foundation Studio I, 3 cr.
- DES 340: Interdisciplinary Foundation Studio III, 3 cr.
- DES 495: Launchpad, 3-6 cr.
Other Required Courses (9-10 credits total)
For majors outside the College of Design
- 3 credits in a design history course (meets university humanities requirement for non-design students)
- 3 credits in Communications; choose from SPCM 212, ENGL 302, ENGL 309, ENGL 314
(already required in many Ivy College of Business and College of Engineering majors)
For College of Design majors
- DSN S 183: Design in Context, 3 cr.
- DSN S 102: Design Studio I, 4 cr.
- 3 credits in Communications; choose from SPCM 212, ENGL 302, ENGL 309, ENGL 314 (meets university humanities requirement for some design majors)
Elective (3 credits total)
- DES 250: Design Intersections, 3 cr. in a design special topic
(meets university international perspectives requirement for non-design students)
- Approved elective(s) from a College of Design department, 3 cr.
(please consult with academic advisor to choose an approved elective that enhances depth of knowledge in first major)