Students may borrow equipment free of charge* from the College of Design’s Output Center located at 426 Design. Checkout periods vary depending on the type of equipment. A chart is provided at bottom of this page.
Equipment Currently Available for Checkout
- Canon Rebel 2000 EFS-mount SLR Cameras (Film not provided) with 18-135mm Kit Lens (No other lenses available)
- Sony α6400 e-Mount DSLM Cameras (24.2MP APS-C sensor) with 16-50mm PowerZoom Lens (other E-mount lenses available)
- Canon EOS 60D EFS-mount DSLR Cameras (18MP APS-C sensor) with 18-135mm Kit Lens (No other lenses available)
- Wireless Microphone Kit
- Small & Medium WACOM Intuos Tablets
- Canon Vixia HFG20 HD Camcorders
- Canon XA20 HD Camcorders (with XLR shotgun mic mount)
- RODE NTG Shotgun Microphones (1&2)
- GoPro Hero 6 Cameras
- ZOOM digital audio recorders.
- Medium and Heavy Tripods
- Various Projectors with HDMI input. (for class use, and valid course work use)
- Leica BLK360 Laser Scanner
Item Type Checkout Period
- Projector Class time +15 minutes only!
- Video Adapter Class time +15 minutes only!
- Remote Controls Class time +15 minutes only!
- DSLM Cameras max 2 days
- SLR & DSLR Cameras 1 day ONLY. Reservations are suggested. No renewals.
- Tablets Default is 1 day, max. 2 days
- Video Cameras Default is 1 day, max. 2 days
- Motion Capture Dongles 4 hours, cannot leave the labs
- Audio Recorders Default is 1 day, max. 2 days
- University ID must be presented for all check-outs. No exceptions.
- Items cannot be checked out longer than two days without prior approval. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a request for a longer checkout period due to field trips. We will only be able to accommodate a small number of these requests.
- NO DSLRs can go on field trips.
- Patrons will be responsible for all insurance necessary to cover the items if traveling by plane or other public modes of transportation.
- Equipment models and availability are subject to change without notice.
*Fees will be charged if items are lost or returned late
- Overdue Policy: Items returned more than 30 minutes late will be considered overdue, and will be assessed a $10/day overdue fine to be applied to your UBill.
- All lost items will be billed at the replacement rate. Some of these items are very expensive. It is in your best interest to return items promptly.