Training Series: OIPTT: Breaking into Industry Sponsored Research: Strategies from Faculty Champions and Tips for Success
OIPTT has developed a seven-part series of luncheon seminars primarily for faculty interested in industry-sponsored research. The training series is entitled, OIPTT: Breaking into Industry Sponsored Research: Strategies from Faculty Champions and Tips for Success. The format for these seminars is introductions, a short presentation on practical tips on the topic, a faculty member speaking about their past experiences with industry sponsored research, and Q&As.
The following is the calendar of topics in OIPTT’s training series at the Memorial Union from 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
- SEPT. 8 Finding Industry Partners with Chris Williams
- OCT. 12 Protecting Your Research Data When Engaging
Industry Collaborators with Balaji Narasimhan
- NOV. 11 How Sylvia Cianzio Balances a Diverse Research Portfolio
- DEC. 8 How Bryony Bonning Develops Successful Budgets
and Proposals from Industry Sponsors
- FEB. 7 How Alison Robertson Uses Field Trials and
Commodity Agreements in Her Research Portfolio
- MAR. 7 How Matt Darr Successfully Selects Amongst the
Flexible Solutions for Sponsored Project Agreements
- APR. 11 How ISU Protects Intellectual Property with Jim Oliver
For the newer to industry – faculty or graduate students who wish to attend, sign up is via Learn.iastate.edu. Once at Learn.iastate.edu, click on Catalogs, then login and select the Catalog entitled OIPTT: Breaking into Industry Sponsored Research: Strategies from Faculty Champions and Tips for Success, and enroll for the desired presentations.
The OIPTT Industry Contracts Team
October 7, 2016 8:34 am