2018-2019 Undergraduate Research Assistantship (URA) Program
We are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Undergraduate Research Assistantship (URA) Program. The URA program encourages outstanding juniors and seniors to pursue graduate study by offering them hands-on experience in a formal research environment. Participation in the URA Program assists students in making career decisions and in attaining information about graduate education and fellowships. In its thirty-first year, the URA program continues to help students develop technical and specialized skills as well as foster originality, imagination, judgment, and patience — the traits of an independent scholar.
Faculty members of Iowa State also benefit from working closely with talented undergraduates and work study funding subsidizes the student’s payroll. Submitting an application does not guarantee a URA.
To qualify for the URA Program, students must:
- Be classified as juniors or seniors by the beginning of the term employed as a URA
- File the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for work study funding (be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen)
- Maintain an ISU cumulative GPA of at least 3.25
- Complete URA application (deadline of March 30 for interviews)
Faculty procedures for the URA Program:
- Complete URA Faculty application (deadline of March 30 for interviews)
- Interview student(s) and make offers of employment
- Complete Letter of Intent
- Complete Work Study Authorization Form on Access Plus
Applications and the guidelines and procedures are available on-line at: www.financialaid.iastate.edu/types-of-aid/employment/undergraduate-research-assistantships/
For further information contact Julie Arnold at (515) 294-0103 or email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
February 20, 2018 10:46 am