College Outreach Programs
FLEX Forward Learning Experience
FLEx is a mobile learning program for advanced design technology benefitting 3rd through 12th students and beyond in a 21st century paradigm. Structured around STEM, design thinking, 21st Century skills, and University Constructs (4 C’s), this environment extends distant educational offerings by delivering full-scale augmented and virtual visualization, digital to real prototyping, circuit bending and visual programming.
As an Iowa State design outreach program for Iowans, the FLEx can visit classrooms, schools, libraries, science and art centers, educational conferences and other community events throughout the state. Programs can be offered inside or outside, weather permitting, to best complement the learning environment and event.
FLEx program opportunities:
• Interactive Virtual Reality
• 3D Printing
• Augmented Reality
• Immersive visualization with Oculus Rift
• Circuit Bending with Little Bits
Want to learn more about FLEx?
- Download the FLEx pdf flyer
- Read ISU News Service’s story on how FLEx brings advanced technology learning to K-12 schools
- Read about FLEx’s Mobile Learning in the Spring 2015, Volume 5, Issue 1 of Inspire
- Follow our adventures on social media #ISUFLEx
To learn more or inquire about a FLEx visit, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The FLEx is a collaborative design outreach program between the College of Design, the College of Engineering and Iowa State Extension and Outreach. FLEx is partnering with Iowa 4-H for youth development and educational outreach.