Barbara King Scholarships
This scholarship is awarded to Iowa State University Graduate, 4th or 5th year landscape architecture students who demonstrate professional potential and entrepreneurial spirit through submitting a proposal that outlines relevant past or proposed activities. Award amounts are determined based on a budget (Typically around $2,500) submitted by the applicant that outlines how funds will be used (see link to documents below for detailed information
Applications must be submitted by Monday, April 1 at 5:00 pm to Professor Seeger by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals are reviewed by members of the Landscape Architecture Departments’s Practitioners Advisory Council (LAPAC).
Note some of these may not have been funded.
- Evan Todd: OF SOUND MIND: Soundscape Documentation Strategies for Urban People Places. ● Final Presentation
- Krithika Mohan: Bhasanta Kendra
- Riley Dunn: Running Through the Landscape: Why We Run, and How the Evolution of Running and Design can Cross-Pollinate
- Michael French: An Exploration of ResidentialÂ Sustainable Practices
- Henry Herman: Human geography, footpaths and pedestrian transportation in remote western Nepal.
- Nick Dentamaro & Jake Oswald: Simply Soil.
- Austin Dunn: The American Road Trip: Exploring The National Park-To-Park Highway By Bicycle.
- Maclaine Sorden: Distribution of Bilingual Composting Manual and further study/documentation of sustainable agriculture/permaculture sites throughout Latin America.
- Tom Martin: Adaptation Of Alleyways
- Meredith Ver Steeg: Four Cities + Two Wheels
- Kyle Brown: An Exploration of Materials and Details
- Neal Abbott: Helmet Regulations and Public Bike Share In Vancouver, Canada
- Tara Bounds (MLA): Discovering Creative Applications For Native Sedges in Landscape Design
- Adam Mekies: Terra2Torial: The Second Generation of Design Computing: Real World Examples Leveraging Rhino & Grasshopper for the Design and Construction of Diverse Landscapes
- Hannah Luloff: Interactive Art
- Sydney Shell: Breaking the Surface, Underwater Spatial Analysis A Study of the Underwater Dynamics & New Opportunities for Sustainability in Landscape Architecture
- Colby Fangman: Biological Efficiency through Mycodegradation
- Annie Glawe: Wild Simulation Ginseng Production
- Chad Hunter: The Art of Phytoremediation
- Scot Schukert (MLA): The Art & Craft of Building with Stone
- Adam Mekies: A Collaborative Approach to Digital and Analog Design and Representation
- Adam Covington: Illuminating Creativity: A Lighting Study & Implementation Design for the College of Design, Iowa State University
- Jarod Farn-Guillette (MLA): Seoulscapes: Exploring video as a tool in landscape representation and geographic understanding in Seoul, Korea
- Travis Larson: Mobile Section Application: A Spatial Reference Relationship Tool
- Mike McCullough: Rediscovering the Source of Trajan’s Aqueduct “Aqua Traiana”: A Discovery through Landscape Architectural Technologies
- Jay Holinger: Fusion Garden Creating a Future for the Garden
- Cody LeClaire: Vernacular in Design: Garden Design in Monteverde, Costa Rica
- Erin Mastre (MLA): Bridging Cross-Cultural Landscapes with Ecological Design
- Bruce Niedermeyer: The “R” Word: The Current Recession and Landscape Architecture in the Midwest
- Adam Novack: Developing a Treatment Plan for Unmanaged, Historically Significant Subdivisions
- Alex Priest: Dressing the Landscape/ Fashionscape: Reconfiguring space through fashion design
- Paola Sepulveda (MLA): Guerilla Cinema: The Subversive Revitalization of Public Space and Public Life in Urban Areas
- Stephanie Nelson: Engaging Students in Urban Watershed Restoration
- Jason Grimm: Continuous Productive Urban Landscapes
- Grant Thompson: Visual Learning: Digital Art on Campus Tour