- DSN S 102: Design Studio I: 4.0 credit hours
- DSN S 115: Design Seminar I: 0.5 credit hours
- DSN S 131: Design Representation: 4.0 credit hours
- DSN S 183: Design Cultures: 3/0 credit hours
First Year – Core Design Program
Your experience in the College of Design is divided into two phases:
- One-year, pre-professional Core Design Program *
- Three- or four-year professional or general degree program
Students entering the College of Design attend a common set of studio and lecture classes — the Design Core — which prepare you to apply to any of our professional degree curricula.
Classes in the Core Design Program create a shared language, experience and community that expose students to all undergraduate majors within the College of Design, including:
- Art and design
- Community and regional planning
- Graphic design
- Industrial design
- Integrated studio arts
- Interior design
- Landscape architecture
Our Core program will allow you to:
- make informed degree choices
- apply to multiple programs at the end of your first year
- experiment with interdisciplinary work at the earliest stage of your college education.
*All incoming freshmen (except pre-BPMI and pre-CRP majors) and transfer students (except pre-CRP majors) complete the Core Design Program to advance into any of the professional degree programs. Learn more about the application process.