The application consideration date for fall admission is February 1. Applications will continually be accepted and evaluated until the cohort is full. Please apply by February 1 for full graduate assistantship consideration. While typical admission is in the fall, we will accept applications for spring or summer semester admission.
Normal Application Requirements
- ISU Graduate Admission Application (this is replaced by the special pre-app through Dec. 31)
- Application fee ($60 for US residents, $100 for international applicants) (this is waived through Dec. 31)
- Official academic transcripts
- Statement of Academic and Professional Interests – 300-500 words
- Three letters of recommendation
- Digital portfolio
- Additional requirements for international applicants:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score
- Financial Statement Please wait to submit until you receive an admission decision.
Mailing address for sending official transcripts (all other materials should be submitted electronically):
Iowa State University
100 Enrollment Services Center
Ames, IA 50011