Professional Associations & Organizations
Participation in a professional industrial design organization and its events are great ways to network. Learn more about companies you might like to work for and make connections that can often open doors to the job market. Professional organizations also provide valuable resources in a job search and many post available positions on their websites.
Reduced rate membership fees and conference rates are often available for students.
The following are some of the industrial design-related professional organizations you may consider joining. This does not represent a comprehensive list of all the possible organizations available.
- Industrial Design Society of America (iDSA)
- International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (ICSID)
- Service Design Network (SDN)
- Interaction Design Association (IxDA)
- Product Development and Management Association (PDMA)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- Society for Environmental Graphic Design (SEGD)
- American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
- AIGA Iowa