Scholarships & Financial Aid
Scholarships available through the College of Design for first-year undergraduate design students (incoming high school or community college transfers) include:
- Chi and Pam Chiu Design Scholarship: $1250, open to all design majors, nonrenewable
- Clair B. Watson Scholarship: $1000, open to all design majors, renewable based on departmental funds
- DAC Scholarship: $1000, portfolio-based award open to all design majors, nonrenewable
- David Stein Memorial Scholarship: $2000, open to all pre-architecture majors, nonrenewable
- Design Opportunity Award: Open to incoming freshmen who identify as African American, Hispanic or Native American
For First-Year Transfer Students
- Maurice S. and Elinor J. Reid Endowed Scholarship in Design: Open to community college transfer students who hold an Associate of Arts degree, nonrenewable
For Multicultural and Identity-Based Scholarships
Contact Jordan Brooks, director of equity, inclusion and multicultural student success, for more information before filling out an application in OneApp.
How to Apply
All applicants should fill out an application at OneApp. This is a one-time application form that will ensure you are considered for all eligible scholarships.
The ISU Office of Student Financial Aid is your source for information about and assistance with covering the cost of your education. Learn more about the estimated annual costs of attendance for new students, need-based financial aid, scholarships and student employment.
A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is highly recommended to be considered for financial aid. Iowa State’s priority FAFSA deadline is Dec. 1. The Office of Student Financial Aid provides directions and tips for completing the FAFSA application.