Faculty Orientation: Academic Advising & Career Services
The College of Design Office of Student Services and Programs is hosting a series of four faculty orientation sessions this fall semester. Today’s session will cover academic advising and career services.
The College of Design’s advising model offers a team-based approach to advising in which students have access to a professional academic adviser as well as a faculty mentor.
- What is the role of the faculty mentor and the professional adviser?
- What is FERPA?
- Working with student athletes
- What resources are available to students related to career development?
- Overview of ISU Career Services
- Individual appointments
- Events and dates
- Outcomes data
- How could we partner?
- Classroom/student organization visits
- Outcomes information, special reports
- Student and employer questions or referrals
- CyHire accounts for faculty
- BigInterview for class assigments
- Concerns related to employers