Welcome to Ames!
Ames and Iowa State are home to the College of Design, one of the most comprehensive design institutions in the country.
There are multiple ways to engage with Iowa State’s College of Design. Our building, located on the northwest side of campus, is open to the public and we offer countless events throughout the year which we welcome you to attend. See what’s happening while you’re in town! You check out student work in our galleries in our building on campus or in downtown Ames at Design on Main.
Visitors to the College of Design and Iowa State University may obtain visitor parking passes online or park in the Memorial Union parking ramp for access to everything our campus has to offer.
Prospective undergraduate students may go with a visit organized through the Office of Admissions or contact us for something custom. Your options are below:
Office of Admissions
- Experience Iowa State (university open house, includes two sessions with Design)
- Daily Visit (most popular choice, includes session with Design)
- Transfer Visit Days
- Latino Family Visit Days
- Group Visits
College of Design
- College of Design Open House (biannual)
- Custom visit through the College of Design arranged by Jennifer Anderson, the College of Design undergraduate recruitment and marketing coordinator
• Available Monday-Friday during academic year
• Group visits may be available depending upon dates
• Best for repeat visitors, not recommended for first time visitors