Armory Color Printer Windows
Step 1: If you are using Windows 7 or 8 you will need to set your local security options. This is a little complex. We can help you with this part if needed. Laptop Program Students, and Windows 10 Users – skip to Step 2.
- Open the Control Panel and select “System and Security”. Click on “Administrative Tools”.
- Double-click “Local Security Policy” and choose “Local Policies”.
- Click the arrow next to “Local Policy” and select “Security Options” from the list.
- In the right panel, double-click “Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level”.
- Use the pull-down menu to select “Send NTLMv2 response only. Refuse LM & NTLM”.
- Click OK, and close out of the policy editor.
Step 2: Download & Install the PaperCut Client:
(if you already have the PaperCut client installed, skip to Step 3.)
- Open Windows Explorer. The easiest way to do this is to open “My Computer”.
- Enter \\papercut.its.iastate.edu\PCClient\ in the location bar and press Enter.
- In the Windows Security window:
- In the User name field, enter: Net-Id@iastate.edu
- In the Password field, enter: the Net-Id’s password
- Check the option “Remember my credentials”.
- Click on OK to continue.
- Download and install the PaperCut client software.
- Start the PaperCut MF Client software. Use your Net-ID and password to log in if login is not automatic.
Step 3: Add the Printer:
- Connect to the printer in Windows:
- In the Control Panel, go to “View Devices and Printers”.
- Click the “Add Printer” button near the top of the window.
- Click “The Printer I want isn’t listed” and click Next.
- In the field labeled “Select a shared printer by name” enter:
click the “Next” button
- When you are prompted for your name and password, enter IASTATE\yournetid, and your password. Click the box next to “Save my credentials” and click OK.
- The printer drivers will be automatically downloaded, and your printer will be created.
Please read this document for information about printing to PaperCut Printers