The PaperCut system is a university wide print management system designed to make day-to-day printing easy and affordable. Once set up, students can print from any of their devices to printers all across campus. More information can be found in this Knowledgebase article from ITS.
- DESIGN-c0136-bw-printer is a black and white printer located on the first floor, by the spiral stairs in the Atrium. Cost is FREE to Design students.
- DESIGN-c0402-bw-printer is another black and white printer located on the fourth floor near the spiral stairs, between the two Teaching Computer Labs. Cost is FREE to Design students.
- DESIGN-c0402-color-printer is a color laser printer located on the fourth floor near the spiral stairs, between the two Teaching Computer Labs. Cost is $0.25 per page.
- DSN-armory-color is another color laser printer located in the Industrial Design lab space in the Armory. Cost is $0.25 per page.
Each of these printers are loaded with 8.5×11 and 11×17 inch recycled paper and are available to students during operating hours.
Design 0426 – The Output Center
The Output Center has a number of high end printers
All transactions are either billed to your UBill, or billed to an account.
Equipment and Costs
- Savin 5100 Pre-press color printer: First print – $0.75 per page, multiple copies of that print – $.50 per page.
- Letter: Regular, Glossy, Heavy Gloss, and Heavy Matte
- Tabloid (11×17): Regular, and Heavy Matte
- 12×18: Heavy Matte, Glossy, and Heavy Gloss
- Epson SureColor 9570 Wide Format color printer: handles up to 44 inch wide prints on Photo Luster paper.
- This printer is used to produce high-quality, archival prints.
- Matte paper in the following sizes:
- 8.5×11 – $2.00
- 13×19 – $4.00
- 17 x 22 – $6.00
- Photo Luster: $.60 per linear inch (36-inch current max along one dimension)
- Océ Colorwave Wide-format “plotter”: up to 36-inch wide color plots, or copies, on bond paper. $.75/square foot.
- This printer is best suited for plans and other low ink-coverage prints.
Located just across the street on the second floor of the new Student Innovation Center is the Print Services Quick Print Center. ISU Printing Services offers a wide range of professional print services. (Including ISU branded social cards for students.) Find out more on their website: Printing Services – print.iastate.edu)