The Output Center currently has three 3D printers, a uPrint SE, a Lulzbot TAZ 5 and a Lulzbot TAZ 6.
uPrint SE – Our Dimension uPrintSE 3D Printer, located in 426 Design, uses a two-part plastic to create models in an 8″ x 8″ x 6″ envelope and prints high resolution, high quality parts. Models are submitted in STL file format, then output one layer at a time using the two materials to create the model and support areas.
Printing to the uPrint SE 3D Printer
- Please drop your file on the dropbox by visiting:
- Login using your net-id and password.
- Drag and drop your file on to the window or search for it on your computer.
- Alternate method: Bring in your file on a USB drive if you cannot get the dropbox to work.
- 3D Printer: $5.75/cubic inch material
We will process your file, then give you an estimate on the cost, expected completion date (based on the number of jobs already in the queue), and the time it will take to print your file. Additional time will be needed to clean the parts. Do not expect to get a part printed and cleaned the day your project is due! We have had jobs that take more than 11 hours just to print, and files are printed on a first come, first served basis.
Lulzbot TAZ 5 and 6: These are mid-range consumer 3D Printers, appropriate for “quick and dirty” prototyping.
- Bring in your file on a USB drive, and we will process the file, and give you an estimate as to cost and time to complete.
- Cost to print:
- $1.00 for 25 grams or less
- $0.10 for each additional gram
Warning: This printer uses self-support, which means you will have to remove any material acting as support material manually. Lab staff do not clean models printed on this printer.