Global Design Connection
Design Faculty and Staff
Design faculty and staff are encouraged to consider joining our students in the Global Design Connection (GDC) program. Global Design Connection will be a valuable point of connection and intercultural learning for international and domestic design students, faculty and staff. Design faculty and staff are needed as mentors, hosts, and guides to the students who will be placed into Design families.
Fall 2017 GDC Events:
- August: Welcome picnic / Meet your Design family
- September: Attend Club Fest and a TBD service/outdoor activity
- October: Pumpkin patch trip and pumpkin carving
- November: Thanksgiving meal
- December: Cookie decorating
- Be available as a resource to students who have questions or need some extra guidance or support.
- Attendance at all GDC events is required – As head of the family, faculty and staff will be in charge of keeping track of attendance for their Design family.
- You are highly encouraged to organize a get-together outside of the required events for your Design family once a semester.
By being a faculty/staff member of a Design family, you will help students to:
- Expand social networks
- Increase cultural awareness
- Learn to work and communicate in a group setting
- Develop leadership and mentoring skills
To become a participating faculty or staff member, please fill out this form.
If you have questions about the program or the form, please contact Jen Hogan firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by 379 Design.