International Programs & Services
International Programs Advisory Committee
The College of Design’s International Programs Advisory Committee is comprised of one faculty member from each department selected in accordance with departmental governance documents. The college’s international programs director, the associate dean for academic affairs and a representative of the Academic Affairs Council (AAC) serve as ex-officio members. The international programs director represents the college of the university’s Education Abroad Committee (EAC).
- Advise and make recommendations to the AAC, IDRO and other groups on international programs, activities and services
- Develop and put forward/advocate for long-term, sustainable strategies for collegiate international programming
Strategic Plan and Vision (2021-2025):
- Align with the university and the College of Design’s strategic plan
- Our mission is to create, share, and apply knowledge to make Iowa and the world a better place. Our vision is for students, faculty and staff in the College of Design/Iowa State University is to lead the world in advancing the land-grant ideals of putting science, technology, and human creativity to work.
- Priorities include, but not limited to the following;
- Ensure access to the ISU Experience –including an exceptional education offering practical, global, and leadership experiences that shape the well-rounded citizens and informed critical thinkers needed in the 21st century.
- Enhance the university’s research profile by conducting high impact research and international collaboration that addresses the grand challenges of the 21st century.
- Create a blueprint of robust study abroad offerings to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all, by integrating the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals into our continuing mission of preparing globally responsible designers and citizens.