Design Career Fair
Preparing for Career Fairs
Snacks! + CyHire & Career Fairs
Friday, Feb. 1 | Monday, Feb. 4 | Thursday, Feb. 7
Stop by area outside 297 Design between 11:45am and 1:00pm
Take a few minutes to learn tips for using CyHire and learn what employers are participating in the Design Career Fair and other career fairs on campus!
#SquadCare Pop-Up Shop for Business Attire
Thursday, Feb. 7, 6:00pm-8:00pm
Friday, Feb. 8, 10:00am-2:00pm
1009 Lebaron Hall
Planning to attend the career fair? Still need a shirt or tie? Stop by the #SquadCare POP UP Shop. There will be donated gently used business attire and accessories FREE to students. This is great for career fairs, interviews, graduate school prep, etc. (Hosted by the College Multicultural Liaison Officers)
Design Career Fair Q&A
Feb. 11, 5:30-6:30 pm, 130 Design
Hear from students that participated in past career fairs! Learn what they took, what they said, interview questions, and more.
Rapid Resume Reviews
Feb. 14, 1:00-3:00 pm, 297 Design
Feb. 15, 2:00-4:00 pm, 297 Design
No appointment needed! Stop by for a quick resume check before the Design Career Fair.
Design students should be prepared to interact with firm representatives in a professional manner during any ISU career fairs or campus events.
- Preparing: Begin by researching the participating organizations and working on your resume and portfolio. Practice introducing yourself and speaking about your career interests, skills or projects. Current lists of participating organizations for all ISU career fairs can be found on CyHire. Visit the students section of the Career Services site for resources related to cover letters, interviewing, networking and more.
- Attire: You should dress professionally and similar to how you would dress for an interview. Business suits, slacks, collared shirts, ties, khakis, and knee-length skirts are generally appropriate. When in doubt, overdress and dress conservatively.
- What to take: Bring copies of your resume, your portfolio, and something to use to take notes. A padfolio will give you a place to keep your resumes, store any business cards you collect.
- When you arrive: Check in using your ISU Card (or ID number) and a name tag will be printed for you. When you enter the fair, each participating organization will have a booth display and representatives will be standing at it
- Be ready to: Introduce yourself and engage the firm representative in conversation about the organization and their work. Share a resume and portfolio. Discuss how your qualifications, experience, and professional interests fit with what the organization does. Keep track of who you met and what you discussed; ask for contact information or a business card so you can follow up after the event.