Directions & Parking
The College of Design is located on the west side of the Iowa State University campus in Ames. The ISU maps page contains interactive online campus maps of roads, buildings, parking lots, etc.
The street address for the College of Design is 715 Bissell Road, Ames, IA, 50011-1066. The College of Design King Pavilion is at 722 Sheldon Extension, Ames, IA 50011-3618. You can use these addresses for GPS navigation or to look up driving directions online.
Traveling to Ames via Interstate 35
- Take Exit 111B labeled “30 West.”
- Travel west on Highway 30, then take Exit 146, “University Boulevard/ISU” exit.
- Turn right (north) on University Boulevard (formerly Elwood Drive) and continue to Lincoln Way (the fourth traffic light).
- At Lincoln Way, turn left (west) past Hilton Coliseum and the Memorial Union.
- Turn right (north) on Sheldon Avenue and continue heading north for two blocks. The College of Design building is on the right. (You’ll be behind the college where the King Pavilion entrance is located.)
Campus visitors to the College of Design may park behind the building in Lot 9 or 10 at designated metered parking, or along Sheldon Avenue at metered parking. During the weekday hours of 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., General Staff parking spots (in the areas marked with gold signage) require hanging permits, which are available to visitors for $5 per day.
Visitor parking permits may be obtained by going online before coming to campus:
- Fill out the Visitor Parking Permits request form and enter credit card information.
- Print the permit to put on your vehicle’s dash.
Visitor permits are valid only in General Staff and Student Parking Lots only.
Parking daily after 5:30 p.m. and all weekend is open without a permit in General Staff and Student Parking Lots.