Careers for Integrated Studio Arts (fine arts) graduates are available in private and corporate practice. Our alumni find employment with local frame shops and jewelers; national corporations such as Hallmark Cards, Inc., Sticks, Inc., and Meredith Corporation; as well as art organizations such as the Octagon Center for the Arts and Walker Art Center.
The following career paths reflect specific positions/fields pursued by recent Integrated Studio Arts graduates from Iowa State University, and do not represent a comprehensive list of the possible career choices available to someone with an ISA degree. Please note that some careers require additional education beyond the bachelor’s degree.
- Art preservation, restoration and exhibition (requires additional education)
- Art therapy (requires additional education)
- Book and magazine illustration
- Computer animation
- Community art center administration and instruction
- Display designer
- Gallery director
- Movie, theater or television set design
- Museum staff: archivist, curator, conservator, director (requires additional education)
- Packaging design
- Photo stylist
- Studio art
- University or college teaching, research and administration (requires additional education)