Professional Organizations in Architecture
Participation in a professional architecture organization and its events are great ways to network, learn more about companies you might like to work for. and make connections that can often open doors to the job market. Professional organizations also provide valuable resources in a job search and many post available positions on their websites.
Reduced rate membership fees and conference rates are often available for students.
The following are some of the architecture-related professional organizations you may consider joining. This does not represent a comprehensive list of all the possible organizations available.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
- American Institute of Architects, Iowa (AIA Iowa)
- American Institute of Architects, Chicago
- American Indian Council of Architects and Engineers (AICAE)
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA)
- Boston Society of Architects (BSA)
- National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA)
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)